Tuesday, March 23, 2010

#2 by Arch

Arch's Armored Transport was leaving Dawson Base as Cravic's ship exited the jump hole. The ships scanner almost immediately detected the damaged Liberty fighter. Reiko flipped on the ships internal comm system.

"Arch, dose the Admiral know were here?"

"What? No only you me and the Rouges we were doing business with know were here. Why?"

"Because he just poped out of the Bearing jump hole, and is heading this way."

There's a crashing sound of the comm's as Arch scrambles to hide the illegal weapons they had just purchased.

"Ok ok I'm on my way."

Arch enters the bridge and sits down in his captains chair squirming around a little before propping his feet up on the console bumping the scanner with his foot which conveniently opened the scanner on the main view screen. "Well I couldn't do that again if I tried."

Reiko roles her eyes. "It looks like his ship is heavily damaged, and theirs a wing of Rouges moving to intercept. Your not going to like this but I think we should help him."

"Your right I don't. For two reasons, One if we help him theirs a good chance these Rouges will start shooting at us. Two if they don't blow us up I doubt very much the Admiral could over look that rather large shipment of weapons in our hold. I don't think the sheets I stole off your bed and threw over them is going to fool him."

"Well you better do something soon."

Arch groans and turns on the come to a private channel with Cravic. "Admiral I'll try and wave off the Rouges but I can't make any promises, head toward my ship and lets hope the eject still works just in case. If you can get close enough we can pick you up before they realize you ejected." Arch then switches over to a channel to the Rouge wing commander. "Don't fire, we salvaged the ship in the Bering system. The pilot is a Junker takeing it to Beaumont."

"Then why dose it still have a Navy transponder? And don't tell me you forgot I know your no rookie scavenger Arch."

Arch holds the comm and looks at Reiko. "An intelligent Rouge? That just ruined my day."

The Rouge comes over the comm again. "I might be willing to over look the ship for a small contribution." Arch turns the comm back on. "Yeah? How small."

"Well considering the ships transponder identifies the pilot as the Liberty Admiral it won't really be all that small. I have a family to feed after all."

"Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Bretonia. Cut the crap how much?"

"Haha, oh 20 million and me and my boys here don't know anything about any Liberty ship."

"Fine, I'm transferring the credits now."

"Out of curiosity, what dose a Junker like you want with that Liberty scum bag anyways?"

"Do you like rum pilot?"

"Yeah, but whats that got to do with anything?"

"If you wish to continue receiving shipments from Beaumont you'll take your credits and forget you ever saw that ship."

"What ship?"

The comm cuts out. Reiko sighs and powers down the ships turrets. "Their heading back toward Dawson." Arch opens a channel with Cravic again. "Your lucky I respect you, any other law man and I'd a left you to em. Now this had better be good." Reiko buts in. "Don't listen to him hes just grumpy because that Rouge was smarter then he hoped."

"Get off my comm Reiko. Well clearly somethings gone wrong or you'd have taken that pile of scrap to the Mississippi for repairs....... You can follow us to Beaumont, we'll be meeting up with a Junker wing once we hit Texas so we wont be bothered. Once we get there I suspect you've got quite a story to tell."

1 comment:

  1. Great dramatic energy in this dialogue!

    Just a little technical hitch:
    "Arch, dose the Admiral know were here?"
    should be "does" and "we're" and
    "Then why dose it still have a Navy transponder?"
    should have "does" too!

    ReplyDelete